Transportation in Labuan
Arriving By Plane
– Direct flights are available to Labuan Airport (IATA: LBU) for both Malaysia Airlines and Air Asia. – Nearby airports are in Miri (MYY) and Kota Kinabalu (BKI).
Arriving By Boat
Ferries are available from Brunei, Kota Kinabalu, Lawas, Limbang, Sipitang and Menumbok.
– To/from Brunei: Five ferries daily, with additional services during the weekends, run between Labuan and the Serasa Ferry Terminal in Muara, Brunei. The journey takes 1.5 hours.
– To/from Kota Kinabalu: At least two ferries daily at 08:30 and 13:00 from Labuan. From Kota Kinabalu, ferries depart at 08:00 and 13:30. The journey takes about 3.5 hours.
– To/from Lawas: One trip daily, leaving from Lawas at 08:00 and Labuan at 12:30.
– To/from Limbang: Two trips daily, leaving from Limbang at 07:30 and 08:00 and Labuan at 12:30 and 14:00.
– To/from Sipitang: Two ferries daily, departing Sipitang at 09:00 and 10:00 and Labuan at 09:00 and 13:00.
– To/from Menumbok: An alternative way to visit Labuan from Kota Kinabalu. Buses leave from Kota Kinabalu (RM15) and arrive in Menumbok in approximately 2.5 hours. You can find the bus stop and the ferry jetty in Menumbok on the same street. It takes 20 minutes for the speed boat and costs RM15. There are at least two Menumbok Express trips daily to Labuan, which will take about 40 minutes to reach.
Moving Around Labuan
Once you arrive in Labuan, it is easy to commute around on bus, that will cost you no more than RM3. Taxis are also available in the town center. However, due to the small geographical area, many tourists choose to explore by foot as it is one of the most pedestrian-friendly towns in Malaysia. Just remember to put on your summer clothing and carry a fan with you as Labuan can be pretty hot during the day!